General Website Viewing Info
This website is designed to be viewed at a resolution of at least 1024
pixels by 768 pixels. (It was created using a resolution of 1280 x 1024,
and looks best at this setting.) Most programs and websites look better
using higher resolutions — more than the 800 x 600 setting that many
computers come initially set at. If you are running Microsoft Windows,
you can change your resolution setting as follows:
• Go to the “desktop.” This is the background screen (it may have
program icons on it) that you see when no programs are running
• Right-click (press and release the right mouse button) anywhere on the
• A menu will appear; click on “Properties” with the left mouse button.
• The “Display Properties” window will appear. Left-click on the
• Move the “Screen Resolution” slider up to at least 1024 x 768. (If for
some reason, such as a very old computer or graphics card, a higher
resolution is not supported, the screen may look very strange and be
unreadable; but it should return to the original setting after a few
• If your “Color Quality” setting is below 16 or 32 bit, change this
• You will probably find that your screen fonts are now too small. Click
on the “Advanced” button and change the “DPI Setting” to ”Large Size.”
If the fonts are still too small (and you will only notice after you
have rebooted your computer), choose “Custom Setting” and try raising it
to something higher. Start with 125, and go higher if necessary.
• Click “OK” once to exit this window, and again at the next window.
Restart your computer to apply the changes.
Most of the text that you see on this website will be displayed using
your Web Browser’s default font setting. You can change the default font
for all websites, and choose something more interesting than the usual
defaults — the extremely-boring Times Roman or Arial.
• If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer, click on “Tools,” then
choose “Internet Options,” then “Fonts.” (For Mozilla Firefox, it's
Tools, Options, Fonts.) Choose something attractive and readable, such
as Optima (aka Zapf Humanist) or Palatino (aka Zapf Calligraphic).
The size of your default font can also be changed.
• If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, click
on “View,” then “Text Size.” Select a new setting. If you have a wheel
mouse, you can quickly change your font size by holding down the “Ctrl”
key and spin the mouse wheel — forward for smaller, backward for larger.
(In Firefox, you can also press [Ctrl+] or [Ctrl-].)
This website was created by Jeff Calcara.
Click here to email Jeff
Click here for Jeff’s website